4th of July 2014

Saturday, July 5, 2014

 I hope everyone had a happy 4th of July! We sure did. I'm so grateful to live in the beautiful U.S of A. I give a big thanks to my parents who immigrated here when they were young. How different my life would be if they hadn't- um, actually, I guess I wouldn't even exist! I try not to take for granted all the freedoms and opportunities I have for living here. We're definitely fortunate.

So what do we do for fun around here in Sierra Vista on the 4th of July? Here's some of the stuff Ty and I did. Proud to be an American!

We started off the day with a some good ol' American pancakes - yum! I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest and it was a success. I recommend it to you all. Click here for the recipe.




Later we went on a hike. Definitely not an intense one...ok so maybe it was more of a nature walk but hey I'm 8 months pregnant. So there's that. Now you're probably wondering, "A hike in the middle of a summer day in Arizona???"  Yes. We're just beginning monsoon season here which means it has been cloudy and temperatures are cooling a bit. Hooray!! Bring on the rain. So here are some pictures from our little "hike".

 

















 



And what's a 4th of July without a barbeque?? So Ty and I had a barbeque with our friends, Jazmin and Danny. Scrumptious. And it started pouring rain by this point!




Our last activity of the day was watching fireworks! Duh. It was still raining but that didn't stop this town. We were a little late so we just drove into a parking lot and watched the show. When it was over (or so we thought), we started driving home and then they started going off again! So when we got home we watched the rest from our driveway. We realized that we should have just watched the whole show from our house because apparently we have the perfect view. Well, we now know what we're doing next year. I'm pretty sure that was my first rainy fireworks show- it was fun!



All in all, it was a good 4th of July. Hope everyone had a great holiday. God bless America!


No comments :

Post a Comment