Thoughts of Being a Stay at Home Mom

Sunday, February 7, 2016




I've been reflecting lately about my life as a stay at home mom. It's something I've always wanted to do, however, I have times where I wonder if I'm doing enough with my life. Before becoming a mom, I either went to school or worked all day. It's quite an adjustment going from that lifestyle to staying home and taking care of a baby. Even though I sometimes envy that moms who work get much more adult interaction and contribute financially, at the end of the day I am grateful I get to stay home with my daughter. Everyone is different; some women want to work, some have to work, and some choose to stay home. Each choice is nobel and good. In the end, we're all mothers caring for our families and that is all that matters. Staying home with Lizzie is just what appeals to me the most, which is why I chose that. I love being able to play with her all day, and watch all the milestones she hits. I love teaching her things and being there when she finally learns them. I love the play dates with my mommy friends, which allows social interaction for Lizzie as well as myself. I love all the time I get to soak up with my little girl during her short childhood years. Being a mom, as difficult as it often can be, is the best. All mothers are awesome for what they do, I raise my glass (of Coke Zero) to all of you.


Lizzie and her friend Logan at the Curiosity Museum







No comments :

Post a Comment