Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies

Saturday, January 16, 2016


This is not your average chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are so deliciously buttery and chocolaty, you can't just have one. This is my go-to recipe when given the dessert assignment. I got the recipe from my mom who got it from her friend who got it from another friend. People always ask me for this recipe so it's about time I post it for all to see. My friends named it "Amazing Cookies". Enjoy!

1/2 C butter
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C shortening (Crisco is the best)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ C flour 
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips (I usually don't use the entire bag, but it's up to you!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together butter, sugars, and shortening. Add eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until mixed all together - do not overmix! Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon. Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 min.  Yields 24 cookies.

No comments :

Post a Comment