DIY Baby Valentines Day Photos

Saturday, January 23, 2016


I took Lizzie's first Valentines Day photos when I was just starting to take an interest in photography. I was a total newbie with a camera and I didn't have editing software! These were taken purely with natural light inside my house with my Nikon D3300. Anyone can take decent photos as long as there is good light, cute props, backdrop, and a cooperating model. My little tips are:

1. If taking pictures inside the house like me, find an area that has a blank wall and a big window.
2. Plan to take the pictures at a time when the sunlight fills that room the best
3. Make or buy a backdrop and/or prop, it doesn't have to be fancy. I just cut out paper hearts, taped them to some string and hung them on the wall. I almost made a heart banner instead, so that works too! 
4. If you have ugly carpet like I did, throw a blanket down for your model to sit on. 
5. Make sure the adorable model is fed, rested, and happy before snapping the pictures
6. If possible, have someone else there making her smile and laugh because it's hard to be both the entertainer and the photographer.








No comments :

Post a Comment