Korean Time

Thursday, January 7, 2016

I've been getting in touch with my Korean side the past couple weeks. My sweet grandparents came all the way from South Korea to visit us and be here for Christiaan's wedding. My aunt and cousin came for little while too. My Korean speaking is seriously lacking but I'm surprised at how much I still understand. As long as I'm asked "yes or no" questions, I'm good! I've loved spending time with them again after such a long time apart. My grandparents are such sweet and generous people. Also, my grandmother makes the BEST Korean food which I've been craving for months; baby is very happy now. Maybe eating all this spicy food isn't good for my pregnant self...but it's just so delicious!

 


My grandparents are into the whole Chinese Zodiac thing and, as it turns out, my grandma, my mom, my sister Naomi, Lizzie, and I were all born in years of the horse. What are the odds? So of course we had to get a picture with all 5 horses. And just for fun, here is a link to look up your Chinese Zodiac.



I'm glad that Lizzie got to meet her great grandparents on my mom's side. She even has a great great grandmother in South Korea who's still alive, so we really need to take a trip over there soon! It's been a memorable experience having everyone together for the wedding and the Holidays. I'm sad that my grandparents are going back home today, but hopefully it won't be long before I get to see them again!





No comments :

Post a Comment